Tips for Preventing Wrinkles
posted: Sep. 18, 2020.
How your dermatologists in Pompano Beach and Tamarac, Florida can help you look younger.
You want to look as young as possible for as long as you can. The only problem is, those pesky wrinkles keep showing up on your face. You can do a lot to prevent wrinkles from forming.
Dr. Melanie Hecker and Dr. David Hecker at Hecker Dermatology Group offer a wide range of anti-aging skin care treatments, including treatment options for wrinkles. They have two convenient office locations in Pompano Beach, and Tamarac, Florida to help you and your skin look great.
Wrinkles form along lines of expression. Squinting, frowning, laughing, and even smiling can all cause problems like crow’s feet, forehead creases, and other common wrinkles.
Environmental factors, especially sun exposure, can accelerate wrinkle formation. Aging is another cause because your skin becomes drier and loses elasticity as you age.
To help prevent wrinkles, it’s important to:
Always wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 15, or SPF 30 if you have fair skin, or plan to be in the sun for a long period of time.
- Apply moisturizer after cleansing your skin, to keep skin moist and protected.
- Try to avoid being in direct sunlight between the hours of 10 AM to 4 PM, when ultraviolet rays are the most damaging.
- Wear protective clothing like hats and sunglasses.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
If you are starting to see wrinkles, your dermatologist can help with a wide variety of anti-wrinkle treatments including:
- Dermal fillers like Juvederm to “fill in” wrinkles and smooth out skin
- Wrinkle-relaxers like Botox to temporarily “freeze” the nerves and muscles, to make your skin appear smoother
- Chemical peels to remove the top layer of dead skin and reveal more youthful skin
- Skincare products containing antioxidants, vitamins, and alpha-hydroxy acids to keep your skin looking vibrant and rejuvenated.
- You don’t have to settle for looking older than you are. You can fight wrinkles and show off a more youthful face, and your dermatologist can help.
To find out more about preventing wrinkles, and wrinkle treatment options, call Dr. Melanie Hecker and Dr. David Hecker of Hecker Dermatology Group with offices in Pompano Beach, and Tamarac, Florida at (954) 783-2323. Call now, and get started looking younger today.