Juvederm Voluma Dermal Filler
Want to finally have a filler that makes you look younger and lasts long? JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21. It’s different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring, hydrating substance found in your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume.
Voluma is uniquely formulated to add volume to all 3 areas of the cheek: upper cheek, mid-cheek, and lower cheek.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC Important Information
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMATM XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescriptions drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.