More and more women are seeking vaginal rejuvenation treatments. While this topic may seem taboo to some, many women see the procedure as a way to restore self-confidence. Much like all of your skin on your body, the skin around your vagina looses elasticity over time. Giving birth to children can also add to the aging process. At the same time, the muscles also lose their strength. The process of vaginal rejuvenation restores the skin and muscles to their previous state.
What Conditions Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Fix?
You may think that there are only cosmetic benefits of vaginal rejuvenation.While some of the benefits are cosmetic, the procedure also corrects some medical conditions. Many women seek out vaginal rejuvenation treatments for the following reasons:
- Vaginal Dryness: There are many conditions that cause vaginal dryness. Menopause, childbirth, and certain medications, especially antidepressants, can cause vaginal dryness. Dryness can make sex painful for women.
- Stress Incontinence: Incontinence is an uncontrollable release of urine. Stress incontinence happens when physical movement or activity puts stress on the bladder. Sneezing, coughing, running and exercise can all cause stress incontinence. This embarrassing condition can be corrected by tightening the muscles around the vagina. Having tighter muscles allows a woman to hold her bladder better.
- Improving Sexual Experiences: Many women that seek vaginal rejuvenation do so for an improvement in their sexual experiences. Rejuvenation can enhance sexual experiences and orgasms for women.
Many of these conditions are embarrassing for women and cause a loss of self-esteem. A rejuvenating treatment can help a woman regain her confidence as well as correcting her medical issues.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments
There are many different types of treatments available to women. While some are invasive and require surgery, other are non-invasive and have short recovery times. Here are the options available to you:
- Vaginoplasty: The first option, vaginoplasty, is a surgical procedure to tighten a vagina that has become loose from childbirth or aging. Vaginoplasty tightens the tissues which surround the vagina. This surgery is mainly cosmetic although some doctors claim it provides medical benefits.
- Labiaplasty: Labiaplasty is purely a cosmetic procedure. A doctor will change the size and shape of the labia, returning it to its “normal” appearance.
- Radio Frequency Treatments: With radio frequency (RF) treatments there is no surgery or cutting. The RF treatment uses a radio frequency to gently heat the skin and tissue in or around the vagina. The heat causes the skin and muscles to shrink while also stimulating collagen production in the area. Collagen improves the elasticity of the skin and tissue.
You should consult your doctor to determine the proper procedure for your case. Every case is different.
Surgical VS Non-Surgical Options
There are many things to consider before going under the knife. Surgery should not be taken lightly. When choosing vaginal rejuvenation surgery, it is important to remember the risks involved in any surgery. While complications are not common, they do occur. Also, surgery requires recovery time. It could be weeks before you can return to a normal life. The risks of surgery, include infection, pain, scarring, and permanent changes to sensitivity.
Non-surgical options are often much safer than their surgical alternatives. Procedures like ThermiVa™ offer a much safer alternative to surgery. ThermiVa™ takes three 30 minute sessions and has no recovery time. The best part is that there is no surgery. This procedure can be done at your dermatologist instead of in a hospital. Therefore, the costs are much lower with a non-surgical procedure. Radio frequency treatments are more cost effective and safer way to rejuvenate your vagina.
Before considering surgery, you will want to ask your doctor some questions. The following questions could help you determine what procedure is best for you.
- What are the benefits of the procedure?
- What are the short and long-term risks of surgery?
- Will the surgery affect sexual experience and orgasm?
- Are my expectations realistic?
In the end, the choice is yours. However, you may want to seriously consider a non-surgical treatment.
Hecker Dermatology now offers vaginal rejuvenation treatment. We use state of the art machinery to help you restore the look and feel of your vagina. We believe that every woman should have the self-confidence that comes along with vaginal rejuvenation.
Hecker Dermatology offers many different types of treatments for vaginal issues. We offer products for dryness as well as radio frequency vaginal rejuvenation. We are also one of the few dermatologists in the are that offerThermiVa™. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get your confidence back.