Remedies For Wrinkles
Reduce the signs of aging by following these tips from dermatologists.
- Wear sunscreen every day since the sun’s rays can accelerate signs of aging. Use a sunscreen or facial moisturizer that offers broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of at least 30. Be sure to apply sunscreen to all skin that is not covered by clothing.
- Do not tan. Getting a tan from the sun or a tanning bed exposes you to harmful UV rays that can accelerate aging, causing wrinkles, age spots, a blotchy complexion and even skin cancer.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing traps water in the skin, which can help reduce the appearance of some fine lines and make your complexion look brighter and younger.
- Test products , even those labeled “hypoallergenic.” To test, dab a small amount of the product on your inner forearm twice a day for 4 to 5 days. If you do not have a reaction, it is likely safe for you to apply to your face.
- Use the product as directed. Active ingredients can do more harm than good when too much is used. Applying more than directed can cause clogged pores, a blotchy complexion, or other unwanted effects.
- Stop using products that sting or burn unless prescribed by a dermatologist. Irritating the skin makes signs of aging more noticeable.
- Limit the number of products. Using too many products on your skin, especially more than one anti-aging product, tends to irritate the skin. This often makes signs of aging more noticeable.
- Shop smart. People often think that the more expensive a product is, the more effective it will be. This is not always the case. There are some very effective, affordable products in the skin care aisles of your local stores.
- Give the product time to work. While a moisturizer can immediately plump up fine lines, most products take at least 6 weeks to work. Sometimes it can take 3 months.
If after following these tips you still do not see the results you expected, you may want to consult a dermatologist.
Ultherapy: Lifting the Skin’s Foundational Layer
Hecker Dermatology Group, PA is proud to offer the acclaimed non-surgical lifting procedure! Ultherapy is the only FDA-approved non-invasive treatment for lifting the skin on the neck and face. Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen deep within the skin without downtime. The result? Tighter, better-fitting skin…even on the neck! See the Beauty of Sound.
Ask us if Ultherapy is right for you.
Ultherapy works by essentially lifting the skins’ foundational layer. Tissue laxity is largely the result of structural weakening in the foundational layers of the skin (SMAS/Platysma). These layers were previously accessible only during a surgical facelift because non-invasive modalities, such as lasers and radio-frequency, are limited to treating in the dermis (< 3mm). The Ulthera System is the only technology that non-invasively focuses energy to 4.5mm deep, targeting the foundational tissue layers where laxity begins.
The Optimal Temperature for Neo-collagenesis
Clinical studies demonstrate that collagen contraction and denaturation are optimized at temperatures between 60°C – 70°C. The Ulthera® System is the only device that reaches these optimized temperatures at depth, without causing surface effects. The ultrasound energy is micro-focused to a point below the skin’s surface, causing cellular friction and heating tissue at the focal point to ~65°C. This heat causes collagen contraction and denaturation, forming a series of Thermal Coagulation Points (TCPs) approximately 1mm3. During a full treatment, over 10,000 TCPs are created at multiple depths, initiating collagen synthesis.
Precision Ultherapy Energy Delivery for Consistent Results
Without precise energy delivery, it’s impossible to achieve consistent patient results. Lasers are precise, but only treat superficially. Radio-frequency reaches deeper than lasers, but imprecisely bulk heats tissue at variable temperatures. Ultherapy® is the only technology that precisely heats tissue at prescribed depths using ultrasound. Energy is consistently delivered at a specific depth and temperature, with fractional spacing between TCPs to promote healing. Real-time imaging also allows clinicians to plan exactly where energy will be deposited. While patient outcomes are partly dictated by individual healing response, treatment delivery with Ultherapy is consistent and reproducible.
Interested in learning more about wrinkle remedies from Hecker Dermatology Group, PA? Call our Pompano Beach, FL or Tamarac, FL at (954) 783-2323 to schedule an appointment!